Masonry/Construction 4.6 Gal. Hand Operated
Ideal For Grouting Metal Door Frames
* Hand operated, no electric or air power source needed.
* Easy to operate, minimal maintenance required.
* Pumps most types of cementitious grout (not for epoxy-type grouts)
* Makes an ideal tool for placing grout anywhere that high pressure is not
* Lightweight and compact.
Pump Type: Twin Diaphragm, Self Priming
Power Source: Hand Operated
Output Capacity: 11 Gallons Per Minute
Output Pressure: Zero To 15 PSI
Hopper Capacity: .62 Cubic Foot (4.6 Gallons)
Placement Hose Size: 1-1/2" ID by 60 Inches Long, Clear Vinyl
Discharge Head: 10 Foot Vertical Lift
Dimensions: 16-1/2" x 25" x 24" High
Net Weight: 32 Pounds
* Output and performance will vary depending on cycle rate, viscosity of
the grout mixture and pressure conditions.
The Model GP-6 is a hand-operated twin diaphragm Grout Pump. It is
designed to pump most types of water based grouts (not for epoxy type
grouts). This model features two separate pumps connected by common
inlet and outlet manifolds. Both pumps are powered by a single pump
The pumping action of the pump is achieved by moving the pump handle back
and forth (or up and down if the pump handle is in the optional horizontal
position). When the pump handle is moved to the right, the grout
mixture in the hopper is drawn into the left pump, while at the same time the
grout mixture already in the right pump is forced out into the placement hose
where it is directed to the work area. When the handle is moved to the
left, grout is drawn into the right pump while the grout in the left pump is
1) Place grout in a suitable container and mix per manufacturers
recomendations. Pour mixed grout mixture into hopper. Some
grouts, such as Fosroc Renderoc LA, require that the pump be primed with a
2) Move the vertical handle back and forth (or up and down if the pump
handle is in the optional horizontal position) to draw the grout mixture from
the hopper through the pump and out the clear placement hose to the work
area. CAUTION: VERY MINIMAL PUMP PRESSURE IS REQUIRED TO FILL
VOIDS WITH GROUT. NEVER FORCE THE PUMP HANDLE.
3) Be sure the work area is vented to allow any trapped air to escape.
4) Do not allow the grout to harden while inside or on the outside of
the pump or related components. Clean immediately after use.
5) This pump is designed to be used with water based grouts only.
It is not to be used to pump chemical based epoxy grouts.
1) Always use the shortest length of placement hose as possible.
The ideal length is five feet long. When grouting door frames, place
the pump on a cart or platform to allow use of the standard five foot long
2) Always use the largest diameter hose that access will allow.
The ideal size is 1-1/2" inside diameter. Never use a
"rubber based" hose.
3) It is always recommended that a quality pre-packaged grout be used.
These products usually contain additives that allow the grout to flow
4) If you are mixing your own grout (sand/cement/water) mixture, the
mix will require additional cement in order to keep the sand in suspension.
When pumping "home made" grout, extra time will be required
to find the exact proportions to achieve a pumping mixture. Adding a
plasticizer to the mixture will be benificial.
RETURN TO THUMBNAILS
Home | Product Lines
Items | Contact Us
© 1991-2011 Capitol City Scaffolding & Equipment Company, Inc. All rights
Services, prices, and terms subject to change without notice.