Crick Tool Masonry Level Replacement Lens
The Lenses On Your Crick Level
To make the job easier you will need:
Vice and C-clamp or two C-clamps
Small, block of wood
Small wood chisel, 1/4" - 1/2"
Punch or nail
Rags or paper towels
1. USE SAFETY GLASSES!
2. Clamp level to work bench with the window to be repaired hanging
over the edge of the work surface.
3. To prevent wood around the edge of the window opening from
splitting, place a small wood block on the face of the level (on the far
side) as close to the ring as possible. Hold in place with a C-clamp.
4. The retainer ring is made of two U-shaped pieces that butt midway on
each straight side of the window. Slide the chisel (bevel side down) under
the end of one clip next to the wood block. Hold your other thumb against the
clip to keep it from flying out as you gently pry up on it. Remove second
clip in the same manner.
5. Remove C-clamp and wood block.
6. Be sure you are wearing your safety glasses. Place punch at edge of
lens (away from vil) and tap gently with hammer in order to break glass in
smaller, more manageable pieces. Remove broken glass carefully.
7. Clean out old sealer with utility knife.
8. Clean sealer from old clips.
9. Clean new lens and drop into window opening.
10. After lens is in place, run bead of sealer (size of pencil lead)
around edge of glass against the wood. Crick likes latex caulk because you
can clean up with a damp rag, but silicone, putty, etc., are fine.
11. Put one leg of clip against the far side of the window opening.
Push the other leg of the clip forward with a putty knife while pushing down
12. Push in the middle of the clip with the putty knife until the curve
of the clip matches the curve of the window.
13. Place the end of the second clip against the end of the first clip.
Push the near side of the second clip toward the center of the window opening
with the putty knife while pushing down with your thumb until it seals into
14. Clean away sealing compound.
*Instructions provided by CRICK TOOL and is included in the Level Care Kit
Return To Thumbnails
Home | Product Lines
Items | Contact Us
© 1991-2009 Capitol City Scaffolding & Equipment Company, Inc. All rights
Services, prices, and terms subject to change without notice.